Here are some quick and easy ways to troubleshoot
your cable connection that could save you the time of calling our
Customer Service or Repair Department.
- Be sure the TV and converter box are plugged
into a "live" electrical outlet not controlled by a wall
- Be sure the TV , VCR , Box are set on the same
channel ( 4 ) if you have a Converter .
- Make sure TV controls (brightness, contrast,
horizontal/vertical hold) are properly adjusted.
- Make sure all wires are tightly "snug -
hand tight" connected, with no slip-on quick connectors.
- Make sure your VCR, DVD, or other devices are
not turned on at the same time.
- If converter power has been interrupted for any
reason, try turning the converter on and off to "reset"
the converter box.
- Be sure that your equipment is hooked up right
and that you setup has not changed.
- Another step to try is to plugged the cable
directly into the TV to make sure its not a converter, VCR or video
game connections interfering in your picture quality.
- Just remember Splitters, fittings, and wire
will go bad in time.
Diagrams on how to hook up my VCR,
DVD, PNP, Video
to purchase Digital Pay-Per-View.
User Guides and Manuals for
Allen's TV Cable Equipment.
These files above
require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this or you
need an upgrade, Click
Here for a free download.
Please Note: These PDF files workbest when you save the
PDF file to your
hard drive, then open AcrobatReader , then open the
If you have followed these steps
and are still experiencing technical problems, and need one of our specially
trained technicians to come to your home don't hesitate to contact